Jan 10, 2011

Thoughts on Princess Magpie's homeschooling

I know Princess Magpie is only 2 1/2 but she is learning so much these days. She is trying to count and trying to say her alphabet. I am thinking that pretty soon, I am going to want to include her in some aspect of our homeschooling. I am not thinking of in a real formal sense, but more in a fun, playing but learning kind of way. I think my goal date of starting some sort of preschool with her will be around her third birthday. With this in mind, I am starting to collect things we can use with her as well as ideas of how to go about it. I didn't homeschool Princess Belle when she was in preschool so I think it will be fun.

I think Princess Belle will have fun with it too. As of now I think we will do school with Princess Belle first and then bring Princess Magpie down to do preschool. Princess Belle loves to help Princess Magpie and think she will have fun playing with her with some of the preschool ideas. It will make her feel like she is having a hand in her sisters education and she loves that sort thing. And if she gets bored with it, she can go and I can stay with Princess Magpie.

These are my thoughts as of right now. This is completely in the abstract at this point, but I think it could work. I actually think it could be fun.

3 comments:

Aimie said...

I love this age!!! Every single thing you teach them is amazing!!! Have fun with the Princesses!!

Julie said...

I started pre-school lessons with my kids at around age 3. They loved it!!! :)

http://scrapgrrl.com/

Upstatemamma said...

My son is six and my daughters are two and two and a half and I have been thinking the same thing. My older daughter will turn two over the summer, so I think I will include her when we get back. I actually plan to do it more simultaneously but still allowing my son the opportunity to help his sister. And I will most likely start my younger daughter next winter around her birthday as well. My son cannot wait to get to "teach" his sisters. :)

Twitter