Feb 14, 2011

Even though I was really really tired on my whole 2 hours of sleep yesterday, I had a productive day. We had our berry biscuits for breakfast, homemade turkey soup for supper, the house got tidied, more laundry got done and I went through and did a serious purging of the girls room. I had meant to keep only 15 toys, but it ended up being more like 20 toys between them, with some things like one bunch of dressup clothes counting as one toy. All the same, there is a HUGE difference in their room.

Here is all the stuff I purged from the room, the garbage bags are filled with toys, and all of this is getting donated to Goodwill.



Today, Princess Belle and I made blueberry pancakes. They were a huge success and she was proud of herself for helping. She read the ingredients, told them to me, and then I helped her measure them. Once the first pancake was done, she was too busy eating to help any more. LOL. I got pics of her sisters eating their pancakes, but she was too busy licking out the bowl to be in the pics. (The eggless blueberry pancake recipe is below)




5 Minute Blueberry Pancakes

o 1 cup flour
o 3 tablespoons sugar
o 2 tablespoons baking powder
o 1/8 teaspoon salt
o 1 cup soymilk (or milk of your preference)
o 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
o 1/2 cup blueberries

Directions

1. Set out all your ingredients.
2. Set a stove element with a pan to medium heat.
3. Combine the 4 dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder -- two Tablespoons, not two Teaspoons as some have suggested, salt) in a bowl.
4. Add the soy milk and vegetable oil to your mixture.
5. Mix until smooth and stir in blueberries.
6. Now the pan should be ready for your batter, so spoon one pancakes' worth of the mixture into the pan.
7. Flip [carefully] when you see bubbles in the middle of the pancake, or if the edges are looking stiffened.
8. Repeat until the batter is gone, and try not to eat them all while you're cooking them.

4 comments:

Tales of a Hockey Wife said...

Stopping by from The Mom Blogs....

LOve the blueberry pancake recipe...my kids might just luck out and get these instead of a frozen eggos tomorrow!

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea to purge and donate!!!

Anonymous said...

Doesn't it feel SO good to simplify things.

It is easier for me to keep our house clean when there isn't as much around to dirty it up :).

Those pancakes sound wonderful, can't wait until our blueberries ripen.

Happy Valentine's Day to you and your family !

Julie said...

I did a HUGE purge and donate thing back in 2008, and it felt good (actually, we had a yard sale). I periodically do smaller purges, and I have a pile to go to the Goodwill right now. :)

http://scrapgrrl.com/

Twitter