Feb 18, 2011

Friday Five


  1. We had a pretty good day today and yesterday. Princess Belle and I made blueberry muffins and she and the girls just loved them.
  2. Today I changed most of the stuff to move our classroom upstairs to our dining room. I am looking forward to the ease of having our classroom upstairs where the rest of the girls like to be. It means that I won't need to rely on Prince Charming's help or naptime to get the homeschooling done.
  3. I was worrying about getting approved for homeschooling with my new curriculum choice and I was second guessing myself, but Prince Charming told me that he agrees with my decision and we will fight for it if we have too. It is good to have his support and the HSLDA to rely on.
  4. I love that when we moved the little desk upstairs to the new classroom, Princess Magpie claimed it as hers right away (it was anyway, but it was cute). She likes to "read" and play there. It was also cute when the girls were playing school in the new classroom today.
  5. I fell down yesterday in the girls' room. (Yes, I appear to have gotten very clutzy the last few days, I think I am just hurrying to much all the time.) I had the baby in my arms and I was careful to fall in such a way that she didn't hit the floor at all, but I bruised myself good. Every time I move today, I find a new muscle that hurts.

Blueberry Muffins

Makes 12

Ingredients

* 2 cups flour
* 1 cup sugar
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 egg
* 3/4 cup milk
* 3/8 cup oil (that is 1/4 cup plus 2 Tablespoons)
* 1 cup of blueberries

Directions

* Stir together dry ingredients in a large bowl.
* Add wet ingredients and and stir just until moistened.
* Add blueberries and mix through
* Scoop into greased muffins tins (an ice cream scoop works well for this).
* Sprinkle the tops with sugar if desired, and bake at 400 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until done.

3 comments:

Justme said...

It sounds like you are settling into your changes wonderfully!
How on earth do you find time to make blueberry muffins? I can barely find time to make my own coffee. lol
It's nice having our men to back us up isn't it? Stick to your guns, you know what's best for your kidlets.

Julie said...

I'm glad we don't have to worry about getting approved to homeschool. I can pick any curriculum I want. It's nice.

Guess we're spoiled here in Oregon! (Not every state is the same. They each have their own homeschool laws. Is that what it's like in Canada?)

http://scrapgrrl.com/

Twisted Cinderella said...

Yes, every province has their own laws regarding homeschool. And within the province there are different expectations depending on which District you are in. And I am lucky enough to live one of the most difficult provinces regarding their rules on homeschooling, it is very frustrating.

Twitter