Feb 27, 2011

Hard on ourselves

It is funny how sometimes I am hard on myself. I have a headache (AGAIN!?!) and I was looking at the kitchen and how it was untidy and how I was having a lazy day and not getting much done today. I went off to explain to Prince Charming how I was being lazy today because of my headache (he can never understand why I feel the need to explain these things to him as he wouldn't notice a mess if it came up and kicked him in the butt). Anyhow . . . as I started to explain it occurred to me what I had actually done so far today:
  • regular every day care, feed and changing of bums for kids
  • clean out Princess Snifflefritz's room, including areas that don't get done much like the change table.
  • pack up three boxes books to put away out of the kids reach before they completely destroy them.
  • Put out two bags of garbage
  • Make supper
And all that was by 1 pm. It seems to me that I can sometimes be hard on myself. If I look around and see untidy, I can hear my mom's voice whispering in my ear how disappointed she is in the kind of housekeeper I am and what a bad housewife I am.

Well . . this bad housekeeper is off to change bums, feed and then cuddle her kids for while. (Note: my guilty conscience insisted, I now have a tidy kitchen too.)

1 comment:

Julie said...

I tend to be hard on myself too... But I don't hear my Mom's voice harping at me. I'm a better housekeeper than she is. *lol*

http://scrapgrrl.com/

Twitter