Feb 15, 2011

Still Simplifying and Organizing


In my efforts to simplify, organize, focus, and improve my household. I have decided to come with a daily and weekly cleaning list for myself. As most of you know, I am a organization loving mommy. I LOVE lists and containers and shelving units of all kinds. I found this great website that I am using to give me ideas of things to put on my lists (so that nothing gets left out).

Another thing Prince Charming and I have decided to do is move our classroom upstairs. Right now it is in the basement, far away from the rest of the house, but with him gone at work all day, it would be easier to just turn our dining room into our classroom and put the other room to a different use. So stay tuned for pics when I am done.

One change I love since purging the girls toys is that they are playing with the ones I left so much more and enjoying what they have so much more. The toys I left are things that inspire their imagination. With Princess Belle leading our decisions, we left such things as; building blocks, their favorite dolls, silk scarves and dress-up clothes. I love to listen to their imaginative play now.

We had a simple breakfast this morning, but our plan is to make a treat together later today. Here is the recipe we plan to make:

Simple Shortbread

4 dozen

Ingredients

* 1 cup butter
* 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 4 cups all-purpose flour

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2. Cream butter and sugar. Add 3 to 3 3/4 cups flour. Mix well.
3. Sprinkle board with the remaining flour. Knead for 5 minutes, adding enough flour to make a soft dough. Roll to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut into 3x1 inch strips. Prick with fork and place on ungreased baking sheets.
4. Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 20 to 25 minutes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I look forward to following your journey. :) I plan to steal your great ideas I hope you know!!!

Julie said...

One nice thing about less toys is LESS mess and they have an easier time cleaning their own room, when there isn't as much stuff in there.

http://scrapgrrl.com/

Twitter