Mar 20, 2011

Relax in the bath??

These days I take mostly quick showers. I hop in, get done what needs to be done and hop out as quickly as possible to try to avert any disasters that may have occurred in my absence. From 5 am when my first child calls me until 9:30 pm, a full half an hour before I pass out in my bed, I am with my girls, cuddling, teaching, helping, and crisis averting. Yesterday, I decided it had been an extra long day and I wanted to treat myself to a nice hot soak in the bathtub. So, I beckoned Prince Charming, asked him to watch the girls and started up the bath.

Well, it wasn't the most relaxing bath I have ever had, let me tell you. First of all, after getting the water started, I realized I forgot my shampoo in the other room. So, I closed quickly went down the hall to go get it when the bathroom door locked behind me, with the water running in the bathtub!!! And we have one of those weird bathroom handles with no hole in the middle. But, Prince Charming and his lucky screwdriver came to my rescue and a disaster was prevented. So fast forward and now I am soaking in the bath, this should be the relaxing part, right? Ummm . . . it would be except for the two year old screaming outside the door convinced she needs to be in the bathroom too and that mommy is never coming out. Prince Charming, bless him, tried and she was coaxed away from the door for a short while only to come rushing back as soon as she remembered. When I got out of the bath (somehow not relaxed after all) she glued herself to my side and had to be cuddled for a full half hour before she could get over the trauma that was mommy's nice hot relaxing soak in the bath.

Princess Pout


It's a good thing she's cute!

I have already given up rights to a full night's sleep, I am not ready to give up hot baths too!

At one point in standing in the middle of two crying toddlers, I told Prince Charming that for my birthday today, I wanted children that weren't crying , he told me that he would see if he could pick some up at the grocery store.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday !!!

We are celebrating my hubby's b-day this week too :).

I know this couldn't have been funny for you at the time but this post brought a smile to my face. For 2 years I had to sleep with my now 5 year old who slept 3 hours at a time. I never thought I would sleep normal again.

Many Blessings for your upcoming move.

Kelley said...

LOL... I have not taken a bath in 8 years. I am happy if I get a quick shower w/out someone barging in...commenting and/or giggling.

Have a great week.

Unknown said...

that's funny, i have been wanting/trying to take a nice bath for a while. for some reason, the feeling has just vanished!

Julie said...

*lol* ... I remember those days with Amanda, beating on the bathroom door yelling "I need Mama! I need Mama!" *lol* (I think she was 2 at the time...)

http://scrapgrrl.com

Twitter