Mar 26, 2011

Saturday PhotoHunt: Caged



The theme this week is Caged. I saw this theme and thought of the perfect pics, my two toddlers peeking through (and over LOL) the safety gates at me! The look like adorable little animals peeking out of their cage.






Prince Charming is coming home today and we are all excited to have him back. Princess Belle is busy making a welcome home sign and we made oatmeal raising muffins as soon as she got up. I am making some Oatmeal Scones which sound fabulous to me.


Oatmeal Scones

Makes 4 scones

1 3/4 cup flour
1 cup old fashioned oats
2 TBSP sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup butter
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup milk (I use water)
1 egg

Mix together the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Cut in the butter and work with your fingers so the mixture resembles cornmeal. Pour in the milk and egg. Stir only until combined.

With lightly floured hands, press dough into ball. On floured surface, knead gently 10 times. Place on parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Pat into 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick round. Cut into 8 wedges.

(You can sprinkle with coarse sugar before baking)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL - I wondered if someone would post a pic of caged kids!

Good shots for this week's theme.

Have a great weekend.

Julie said...

Glad to hear your hubby is coming home!!! :)

http://scrapgrrl.com/

Twitter