Mar 5, 2011

Saturday Stuff


Well not a bad morning, we cleaned up and made some muffins I call Morning Muffins because they remind me of some Muffins I used to buy years ago that were called Morning Glory Muffins.

I am going to spend part of the day going over the books I got from the library on Canada and preparing our geography curriculum for next week. I plan on spending some time on Canada as a whole first and then spending some time on each province individually after. I think it will be great fun.

I am going to make bread again either tomorrow or Monday. I am going to use the same recipe as last time as I really like how it turned out. I am going to experiment with making pizza that same day too.

I am considering our future move as well. I would really love to move to a town we lived in before, I liked it a lot there, I just don't know if it is in our budget to do so. Homeschooling would be so much better there, as there are so many more opportunities there.




Good Morning Muffins

Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup apple - peeled, cored and chopped (or 1 or 2 apples grated)
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1/2 cup flaked pumpkin seeds

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
2. Stir together flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon and salt. In a separate bowl, stir together milk, egg and butter. Stir egg mixture into flour mixture just until combined. Fold in chopped apples, coconut, and pumpkin seeds. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.

4 comments:

Bending Birches said...

that sounds awesome!!!!!

Jacqueline said...

I can't get over how much your little one has grown! She's the only one I can comment on cause she's the only one I've seen but I'm sure the others have grown too. :) Your social studies plans sound great!

Carolyn said...

Sounds like fun! Love the muffin recipe. Thanks!
Greenville SC Massage

Julie said...

Have fun going over the curriculum. I love making lesson plans and getting things ready for school. :)

http://scrapgrrl.com/

Twitter