Mar 6, 2011

Sunday Sum-up

I have decided to get working on some scrapbook layouts in my spare time. I want to do one for every month of Princess Snifflefritz's first year of life (The same as I did for Princess Magpie). It will be a nice way to de-stress.



I am really longing for Spring to come now. I have enough of being cooped up all day every day with the girls, we need to get out and enjoy parks and outside again. It doesn't help that I don't remember the last time I got a full night's sleep. I think it was about 14 or 15 months ago before Princess Snifflefritz was born. These days the girls take turns tag-teaming me to keep me up at night and still get me up at 6 or 7 in the morning and I am chronically sleep-deprived. And they love to get into trouble. The minute I turn my back on them, they have either destroyed something, broken something, taken something they shouldn't have, or someone has made someone cry. So, if my girls are awake, I am with them, watching over them, loving them and keeping them out of trouble. I love me girls but I would be better equipped to spend 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with them, if I could do it on a full night's sleep. Today, Prince Charming (God Bless his soul) saw that I was losing it and took over care of the girls so I could get a nap and a shower. It is amazing how much difference having a chance to just de-stress and get a shower can make.

I am making Lazy Cabbage Rolls and Cornbread for supper.


Lazy Cabbage Rolls

Ingredients

* 1/2 medium cabbage, shredded
* 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
* 2 onions chopped fine
* 2 - 3 cups tomato sauce
* 1/4 tsp garlic powder
* 1 tsp salt
* 1/2 tsp pepper
* 3 cups cooked rice

Directions

* Place 1/2 of the cabbage in buttered 9x13" dish
* Pour about a fourth of the sauce on the cabbage.
* Saute onions and brown the ground beef.
* Mix beef ,onions,spices, rice and another fourth of the sauce and place on the cabbage.
* Top with the rest of the cabbage, and pour on the rest of the sauce.
* Bake at 350 for 1 hour.

Cornbread

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups cornmeal
2 1/2 cups milk (I used water)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 cup cream-style corn

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). In a small bowl, combine cornmeal and milk; let stand for 5 minutes. Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan (I used muffin tins).
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Mix in the cornmeal mixture, eggs, oil and remaining ingredients until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center of the cornbread comes out clean

4 comments:

Michelle said...

what a pretty page. man, i miss scrapbooking. I just cant get motivated because I left so much of my stuff in america.

maybe i should just go spend $100 on stuff and get re motivated. Hmmm...maybe I will.

Laura O in AK said...

Stopping by as I crawl my way through the TOS Crew blogs. Love the recipes. Cornbread is a favorite in our house.

Doreen said...

I miss scrapbooking! Your pretty picture motivates me to pick it up again. Thanks for sharing the cornbread recipe. I think I'll try it out! I'm just stopping by on the TOS Crew Blog Walk. I became a follower of your blog. God Bless!

Julie said...

I can't wait for summer vacation, so I can have some more time for scrapping. Now that I am working 20 hours a week and homeschooling full time, I am having a hard time finding time to do it. *sigh*

http://scrapgrrl.com/

Twitter