Jun 10, 2011

Friday Five

  1. I am doing well on my diet these days and feeling good about my progress. I am not interested in short term huge losses that will be gained back later. I am only interested in a slow but steady and permanent decline in numbers.
  2. Princess Magpie and Princess Snifflefritz are doing pretty well sharing a room where they are now BOTH in toddler beds. It takes them a LONG time to go to sleep, but that doesn't really bother me. The only bad thing is that if one of them wakes up in the night, I have to be quick to get to them before they wake up the other one, or we are stuck with a whole long drawn out process of waiting for them to go to sleep.
  3. Princess Magpie insisted on wearing warm, fuzzy, footed jammies to bed tonight. And, she always insists on sleeping under a warm blanket. I went in there tonight and the poor little baby was absolutely soaked with sweat, she let me change into something cooler.
  4. Princess Belle has been doing a LOT better the last couple of days. The trips out with me as well as my decision to not sweat the small stuff has made her a lot happier and easier to get along with. I am so glad.
  5. After a long night up with two toddlers playing in their room, I was tired today. I was resting on the couch and I told Princess Belle, "Funny thing . . . being up until 3:30 in the morning does leave on particularly energetic the next day." She giggled. But later, I felt guilty about the stuff that needed to be done, so we cleaned her room out, swept and washed the floors and cleaned the kitchen up. I was tired and sweaty but glad to get things done. Now it is late, and I can't get tired. Go figure.

2 comments:

Crazy Working Mom said...

Best of luck to you on your weight loss! I need to get back on track, alas...just seems so out of reach. *sigh*

Michelle said...

My 5 and 3 year olds share a room, but they dont usually wake one another up.

Twitter