Jan 21, 2012

Back to homeschool

We had a wonderful start to our day. I included Rose in our schooling and she loved it. We did our morning songs, sang the alphabet and then Rose learned about the letter A, coloring pictures and talking about the letter A. Lilly learned about light refraction and reflection, medieval foods, prepositions and 3 digit subtraction. Even Lotus sat at the table and colored on paper quietly.
For our special day, I made the following recipe, except I added some raisins and some dried cranberries to add a little something special!

Oatmeal Pancakes
Ingredients
1/2 cup wheat flour
1/2 cup oatmeal (quick oats)
2 tsp baking powder
2/3 – 1 cup water
oil for frying

Steps
Mix the dry ingredients together. Heat up the oil on a fry pan over med heat. Add the water to the dry ingredients and beat well. Pour the oatmeal pancake mixture into the fry pan. Fry for a couple of mins until bubbles are forming on the pancake. Flip it, cook another couple of minutes. Enjoy!

Funny note: Lilly said to me, “Mommy, I thought you said that it would suck here for the first few weeks we were here before it got better.” I guess I over-prepared her for being broke first after our move. I answered, “I meant that we wouldn’t have any money to go anywhere or do anything for a while.” She replied, “Well, yeah but it has been great here.” Glad to know it.



No comments:

Twitter