Apr 16, 2012

Biscuits for Breakfast

For about 6 months, I posted on another blog.  This a post that was copied from that blog.  I used different names for the family.  Just so you know the names were as follows:

Prince Charming - Wandering Aengus
Princess Belle - Lilly
Princess Magpie - Rose
Princess Snifflefritz - Lotus
Little Prince - Reed


I decided to make two kinds of biscuits for breakfast this morning.  My family loves when I start the day with homemade yumminess for them!   I started with the same base for both and then I added to it to differentiate the two.  Here is what I did:


Biscuits Base
Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup soybean oil margarine chilled, cut in pieces
2/3 cup vegan milk (you can even just use water!)

Biscuit #1 (sweet) add-ins
a little sugar (probably about 1/8 of a cup)
raisins (to taste about 1/2 cup, coconut would be great here too)

Biscuit #2 (savory) add-ins
1/2 cup vegan cheddar cheese
(would be great with added herbs, chives, or garlic)
My method was simple.  I had two bowls in each bowl I put one recipe of the base biscuit recipe.  Then I put the sweet ingredients and in the other I put the savory.  I mixed until just mixed adding a little more liquid to help pull it together.  Then I dropped it by Tablespoon full on a greased cookie sheet and baked at 350 degrees for about 10 – 12 minutes.

No comments:

Twitter