Apr 19, 2012

Why So Judgmental

For about 6 months, I posted on another blog.  This a post that was copied from that blog.  I used different names for the family.  Just so you know the names were as follows:

Prince Charming - Wandering Aengus
Princess Belle - Lilly
Princess Magpie - Rose
Princess Snifflefritz - Lotus
Little Prince - Reed



I wonder why some people are so judgmental when it comes to my choice to homeschool my daughter.  I wonder why they feel the need to tell me how they feel at every opportunity.  It is even people who are related and who know my daughter, who know how she suffered in public school and yet they STILL feel that she would be better off suffering there than in my loving home learning in an environment where her differences are celebrated instead of made fun of.  Where she sits high in her seat and proudly shows me how much she has learned instead of cowering under tables completely hysterical wishing desperately for some way for her to be cured of her autism. Where do they get the nerve to tell me that I don’t know what is best for my child.  Trust me, the socialization she gets in an environment where she is loved and celebrated is much better than anything she ever got in the years she was in public school.  *sigh*

No comments:

Twitter