Jun 22, 2012

Mmm . . . vegan sausages and peppers

Tonight for supper I am making something that I am confident will be VERY yummy!  Vegan sausages and peppers!  I bought some Tofurky sausages as a treat.  I don’t often eat meat substitutes as I find I would rather just enjoy the wonders that fruits and veggies have to offer all on their own, but I used to love sausages and since Wandering Aengus was having sausages, I thought I would make some for me too.

So here is the plan for tonight:

 -2 Tofurky Italian sausages
- 1/2 green pepper, julienned
- 1/2onion, sliced thinly
- 5 baby bella’s sliced (or button mushrooms)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic

Place oil into a pan and when it’s hot, add the sliced peppers, mushrooms and onions. Cook until they caramelize slightly, then add the garlic and sliced Tofurky sausages. Slices should be around 1/3rd inch thick. Cook all together for ~10 minutes until sausage is cooked through and veggies are tender. This would be good in so many ways but I am thinking of making myself a simple sandwich maybe with a little vegan nacho cheese.

No comments:

Twitter