Aug 13, 2012

Yummy recipe I want to try.

I love overnight oats and I thought that these sounded yummy, healthy, flexible and simple which is always a good thing in my book!

Overnight Oats

Ingredients:
1/3 cup plain regular oats
3/4 cup almond milk
2 tablespoons chia seeds (I will try ground flax seeds instead)
½ of a ripe banana, peeled and mashed
1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract


Directions: Mix together the above ingredients in a bowl and place in fridge overnight.

You can also add about a tsp of cocoa powder for chocolate-banana flavor, and you could do other mix-in ideas like almond butter & pure maple syrup etc. You could also leave out the banana and/or chia seeds if you'ld like or if you don't have them on hand and just use the almond milk. 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy!

Tammie Lee said...

sounds wonderful.

Twitter