Sep 27, 2012

Thursday Thoughts

  1. You remember how I mentioned that I had family that would be make remarks on facebook being unsupportive of our homeschooling, Well, I never said anything, I just removed them from my facebook friends list so I wouldn't have to look at the comments.  Well yesterday they noticed and they got mad.  I simply said that the posts had been pointed out to me and that I didn't feel keeping people on my friends list if they made me feel like I couldn't talk about homeschooling, since it was such a large part of my day these days.  She said I was just insecure and I told her, "I feel no need to get involved in drama with regards to how I raise my kids. I know I am doing right by them, I am confident in that. No guilt. No need for debate."  I think I handled it well.  I just hate the drama that comes from these people sometimes.
  2. I had planned on taking more pics of Little Prince the other day but weather didn't cooperate and it hasn't since.  I REALLY want to take some cute pics, but my adorable model gets tired and the outdoor pics I want to take, are dependant on the weather.  So, if all the stars align, be prepared for some cuteness to appear on my blog.
  3. I love the colors of all the trees in our backyard right now,  the leaves are just starting to turn, but the colors are so pretty!!!
  4. Little Prince does this adorable thing where he lifts his one foot up and just stares at it.  It is so funny to see him laying there with one foot stuck straight up.  
  5. A friend came by today.  We hadn't seen her in a few months it was nice to see her.  She is due to have a baby girl in a week and a half!  She is so excited.  And, her mother-in-law signed for her to get a mortgage on a trailer so now she can move out of the terrible location she is living in to a place of her own. 
  6. Princess Magpie loves to help with Little Prince.  I love to let her help feed him.  She isn't all that good at actually getting much food in there so we take turns giving him spoonfuls.
  7. I LOVE how close Princess Magpie and Princess Snifflefritz are.  I love to catch them being best friends even if it is just a pic caught on a phone.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I don't see it as "insecurity" if you're avoiding negativity. Sometimes distance is better, especially if people (including family) want to be toxic.

I like what you said - it's perfect. Yes, drama is unnecessary, and you should have every right to talk about homeschooling on Facebook. It's a huge part of a family's day!

The Princesses are adorable with the Prince, and together. :)

Neen said...

It is only drama if you let it be. I speak from years of this drama. As hard as it is please try to let it go. Say a little pray every time you start to remember the comments and get upset. Take comfort in knowing that years from now your children will have a great formation and be very strong individuals. The homeschooling will show. Maybe not at first but it will. The reward is so sweet when you hear a former "complainer" compliment you or your child, you can just smile and say, "It was the homeschooling!" They will remember the dig they made years before. It has happened to me a dozen times recently. It took years and years but oh so sweet.

Leanne said...

It sounds to me like you handled it very well. And maybe the person involved will think twice before they put down something important to you next time, which is another win-win. :)

life...just saying said...

Cute pics of your royal kids. Drama on social networks is so not my thing. Yay you for doing your thing.

MixedMolly said...

Way to go-standing up for yourself. You did the right thing. Why do people have to put their nose where it doesn't belong? Your little onse are sweet :)

Karen said...

I enjoyed this post so much! I hope you don't mind, I mentioned it on my blog "Homeschool Atheist Momma."
Peace, Karen

Julie said...

I wish I had the nerve to stand up for myself... *sigh*

http://multipleblessings.wordpress.com/

Twitter