Jan 22, 2013

Fun way to start the day

I tried making Pikelets (which is apparently an Australian Recipe) this morning for breakfast.  I warmed up some jam to serve over them.  I didn't have any, but the they were a HUGE hit with the kids!  They had their first serving gone and were all working on their second serving in 8 MINUTES!!!   I had to rescue some for Prince Charming to have when he got up.  I LOVE that they liked it.

Last night for supper for the family, I made a stew using some of the broth I made, some cubed leftover turkey I had frozen at Christmas, some leftover rice, and some Asian style frozen veggies, I got in my Santa's Choice Christmas Hamper.  It was a big hit, cost me next to nothing and I have some leftovers tonight I am going to serve with some freshly made biscuits.

It makes me feel good to have so much good food that I have prepared with love.

On a sidenote, I am daily checking the mail for our curriculum to arrive.  I can't wait.  We keep having snow and apparently, where I live the postal motto, "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds." doesn't really apply. Because if it snows, the mail doesn't get delivered.  I know because he parks his mail truck across from my house on the days he delivers to our street and it is mysteriously missing on not as nice days and I get a sudden surge of mail on the next nice day!  Yesterday was the first nice day for a while and I was delivered about 12 envelopes of coupons!

I was out running errands yesterday.  It was nice to get out and get some things done.  It did remind me of shopping with Notsosnowwhite and I had this sudden strong feeling of missing her so much.  Missing shopping with her, of sharing stuff with her. 

1 comment:

Julie said...

Hope the curriculum comes soon! I always get impatient, waiting for it. *lol*

http://multipleblessings.wordpress.com/

Twitter