Oct 7, 2014

I admit it

I admit it . . . I have been having troubles with my schedule this year.  I don't feel like I have a handle on it all.  Now maybe part of it is that I am not feeling myself this year.  I am T I R E D.  Really tired, lethargic and overwhelmed in a way I haven't been before.  I feel a mess and every day I look around my home and feel like I am not really getting any of the things I want to do accomplished. 

So I am going to try to get things under control.  I am trying to take back my life: 

  • First thing I did was make a couple of appointments.  I have one tomorrow to see if we can do something about my tooth pain from where my beautiful boy kicked while I was changing him and cracked my tooth.  
  • Secondly, I made appointments for him to get things moving further along with his autism.  
  • Thirdly, I made an appointment for me. I have been checked a few times lately and my blood pressure is REALLY REALLY high and I have been feeling a little breathless and my heart has been racing a little, so with that and the tiredness, I am getting things checked out on that front too. 
  • Fourthly, (is that a word?) I am taking back my house.  Little by little, I am attacking the jobs that have been overwhelming me, laundry, keeping the kitchen clean, the kids rooms, the messes the kids make ALL THE TIME.  
  • Fifthly, (I am going with it now) I am getting out of the house once in a while.  Spending all my time in a house that seems to be my soul focus but is constantly yelling at me to do things I haven't gotten done yet, is exhausting.
  • Lastly, I am trying to come up with a way of putting together a schedule for my days that will make it all seem to make a little more sense.  
Here are some resources I found when I was looking for schedules that may of use to any of you out there that are having any similar issues:

  1. Why Routines are a Good Thing 
  2. Homeschool Curriculum, Schedule and Checklist  
  3. our daily schedule 
  4. Tina's Dynamic Homeschool Plus

And some more based on keeping the home while homeschooling:
  1. Getting It All Done: When Homeschool and Housework Collide
  2. Keeping a Clean House While Homeschooling
  3. Housework and Homeschooling
  4. House Cleaning Strategies for the Homeschool Family
  5. How to Keep a Clean House and Homeschool Too


No comments:

Twitter