Nov 11, 2014

Waste of Time?

There are people who view the internet and Facebook as a time waster, but I have a different take on it.  I am the homeschooling, stay-a-home mom of four beautiful children whom I adore completely, but that means that most of my time is spent in the house battling the never-ending job to try to stay at least a little on top of all the things I need to get done in the house, surrounded by little people that I am trying to educate, entertain and provide with all the experiences I want them to have.  It also means I can go for days without seeing any other adults at all except for my Prince Charming. 

My Facebook, blog and forum friends are a real connection for me.  I care about them.  Some are new friends, some of them are real life friends that I known all my life and some I have known since I was pregnant with Princess Belle 13 years ago.  The internet gives me a place to share my life and to connect with other moms like me.  On the days when I can't escape for a coffee with my real life friends, it is nice to grab a cup of coffee and visit with my online friends while my children play by my knees.  It is a lifeline to the outside world when I begin to wonder if there is still life outside these walls and it is a reassurance that there are other people like me, going through similar things to what I am, people who understand. 

2 comments:

Jos said...

you are a really brave mother , I am sure your job with the family will bring you the reward you deserve.

with my best wishes .

Pedritxes from Spain

At Home on the Rock... said...

Well said! This is true for me on two different levels. First for when my children were smaller (they're almost all adults now) but also because of chronic illness. If it wasn't for fb and my online friends, I'd have no adult interaction on many/most days.

Twitter