Mar 30, 2015

Fun Idea for supper

I made an easy supper tonight that was a hit too!  Tacos with lots of toppings!



First, I made a simple Pico de Gallo using 2 fresh tomatoes, 1/4 onion, 1 clove of garlic, 1 seeded jalapeno pepper, and some chili powder (although I love to use Southwest Chipotle Seasoning when I have it).  I blended all up in my Tupperware Quick Chef and in seconds I had Pico de Gallo! 

Next I took some of the Pico de Gallo to make a quick guacamole by mixing a little of the Pico de Gallo in with an avocado and some salt and onion.  Again, I throw it all in my Quick Chef and presto!  Guacamole everyone loves!

As a hint to make the meat go further for my kids, I sometimes add rice and beans to the mix with extra seasoning (although I didn't this time.)

I also made a cheese sauce and I used a vintage Tupperware Serving Center Set to make it all look pretty for the kids.  They LOVED it.  It was an easy supper that they felt was fancy just by the way I served it. 



For my veggie supper, I made veggie patties, cooked them with taco sauce and served them with lettuce, Pico de Gallo, and guacamole!  Yummy and healthy too!

No comments:

Twitter