Jan 1, 2016

Happy New Year!

It's the new year and I am excited.   New years feel like new beginnings for me.  It is a time to look and evaluate how things are going.  It is a time to freshen things up a little. Here are some things I am looking at.

1.  Relax a little with homeschooling.  I want to make sure we have fun on our journey.  I want the kids to know how lucky they are to be home.  To that end I want to include:

  • More unit studies
  • more crafts
  • include more variety
  • take trips to the library 
2. While I have lost about 50 pounds since March, I have been stalled for a few months.  So I want to change things up.  To that end I am thinking I would like to eat a diet that is:

  • Plant-based
  • High fibre (25-35 grams daily)
  • Enough protein (50-60 grams daily)
  • Reasonable range of calories  (1250-1350 daily)
  • Lots of water 
  • only one or two cups of coffee
  • gluten free
  • more mindful, more meal planning.
3.  Let the kids in the kitchen to help me cook and bake more.  They love it and it is a good learning experience.



No comments:

Twitter