Jan 25, 2016

Making More Plans

I have spent hours in the last couple of days planning the curriculum for next year for Princess Belle.  It gets harder as she gets older and it feels like it gets more important to make sure we are doing enough.  At the same time, I don't want to steal her joy from it either.  I hope I am finding a balance for her.  I have most things planned, the only thing I am still looking for is a computer science or information technology course, but I may be able to put something together for that myself.

Another thing I have been thinking about is Little Prince and his safety.  We have an open concept house and I LOVE it.  But, he keeps climbing on the table and then the kitchen counter.  He is quick and he is NOT safe!!!   In combination with the lack of storage, we were thinking we would eventually have to move just to find a place that we can keep him safe.  The thing is, I LOVE our house.  I LOVE our neighbors.  I DON'T want to move.  And yesterday, inspiration hit me!  If I rent a storage room, buy special gate for the kitchen and a bar height table, I think we can make it work.  I want him to be safe and I want to stay here.  I think this may be a way to make it work.  It's funny before Autism entered our lives we decorated for style, but the majority of our decorating decisions are made these days with our kids in mind, especially our boy.

Oh!  That reminds me!  I found valances to match his new bed in the discount bin!!!  I have to put valances in his room because he kept pulling curtains off the wall in our old house and it takes planning but I want something to make it look like there was some thought put into his room as well.

On a side note, the little girls looked so cute today when we were singing songs before homeschool.  They were all excited for Funday Monday that they came down all dressed up.





1 comment:

Carole Medley said...

I wonder if you could take some time (you know, your SPARE time!) to teach Little Prince to climb down safely. That way he could have the satisfaction of climbing and also the satisfaction of getting down all by himself. Just a thought, I will not pretend to have any real solutions for the challenges you face. I admire you in every way.

Twitter