Mar 5, 2016

Taking Advantage

In an effort to make this place better suited to our needs, I have been getting things to provide more storage to make up for the lack of a basement.  This weekend my goal is to put together three cabinets and fill them up with the things I have planned for them.  So far I spent the day putting together two of the cabinets and filling them up.

My first one, I have in my kitchen to store spices and cannisters.  That made it possible for all of my spices to be together instead of spread all throughout my kitchen!  It also freed up a smaller wooden shelf that I am now using in our little classroom/office/porch area.  It looks a LOT nicer there!



My second cabinet, I have filled with homeschool books, but I am sorting my books by subject area.  So far I have a shelf for art books, a shelf for readers, another for science books and then one for holiday books and books on places (although I am going to have to give each of them their own shelf once I get the other shelf put up as I plan to put school books in that one too).  I have labels I am going to put on the shelves to label the sections so that I can keep like books together. 



The best part about having the cabinets is that the books are sorted and easy to find.  So now they will be easier for me to include in our homeschool day.  It also frees up the little closet they were in so I can use that for storage and clear up my entry way a little. 

It is a little like Princess Magpie says, on the days that they kids aren't busy with homeschool and appointments, I am busy getting the things done I don't have time for during the week.  I take advantage of my weekends to tackle my 'to do' list.  It feels great to knock things off that list one at a time!

No comments:

Twitter